What Has Been Going On!

I lost my job a month ago because they said "We don't have enough work to keep you busy. We can offer you part-time, but you don't get any benefits, insurance, etc. The time for Part-time would be from 10:00 to 2:00 Monday thru Friday."

First off... How rude is that to let me go right before the Holidays. Why couldn't they wait until January???
Second... We would still have to pay for a babysitter, and insurance on our own, plus all the gas for me to still drive there every day of the week. So what's the point in me working part-time? Everything I earn would go to those things.
Third... Couldn't it have been part-time 8 hours for three days a week? That would have been better.

So anyway, we have decided that I will be home with the kids.

It's been so much fun. I enjoy taking and picking Brichette up from school everyday. Watching the morning shows on PBS with Xander. Making breakfast, lunch, and dinner at home. Being able to wash clothes any day of the week, and not having to do everything on Saturday because that's the only day I have to do it. I seem to have more energy, and not be so tired all the time. Being able to just hug and kiss them when I want, because they are right here beside me. Helping them with their writting and their reading. Listening to them play and not fight for my attention once I walked in the door, home from work, because they only get a couple hours with me before they have to go to bed.

I'm sure all this stuff probably sounds silly, but it's not to me. Everyday I went to work, I would miss out on so much of their lifes. I am so grateful to be able to be a part of their morning routines, and not just the couple hours before bed.

Comments

Marchezt said…
First, Love the background!

I'm sorry that you had to deal with all that right before the Holidays...you would think they could wait till January! I'm so glad you are home. I'm sure you're sacrificing some things to do it, but it's so worth it. Hence, the reason why I was bummed this week when that job didn't pan out for us, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the time I have with my kids.

They grow so fast and we need to take the time, like you said, just to sit next to them and kiss and hug them!

Can't wait to get together next week. I will text you when we are heading up so we can plan a day to meet up!

We Love You Four and our so blessed to have you in our life!

P.S. Sorry for the long comment! :)
Thanks for the Christmas Card...so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop