Electric Fireplace

For the whole time Nick and I have been married I’ve wanted a house with a fireplace. When we lived with Dieter and Colleen we had one, and I loved it!

Every home we’ve had (an apartment and two houses) we haven’t had a fireplace. I thought I’d never get one.

Well... I’ve seen several people have electric fireplaces, including Troy and Marchezt, and knew one was possible!

Several years ago (a year maybe two years after we moved into this house) Nick built an entertainment center in our family room. Oh my, I love it so much! We just built it on the existing wall because I was planning on putting a dark wallpaper on each shelf wall. Well, so far I never have because I couldn’t find what I was wanting. So we just ended up buying black paint and painting the wall.



Anyway, back to the fireplace...

At the bottom Nick built shelves for our DVD holders, DVD player, stereo system, and gaming consoles.

I didn’t want to tear out our whole entertainment center and rebuild it around the fireplace. So we found a fireplace that would fit in the space where the bottom shelf is.

Nick took the shelf out, cut a hole in it, added some wood to hold the fireplace, and put it in.






It changes colors (the bottom and flame). It has two setting for the heat. It doesn’t need to vent.

I am so excited and love it so much!

It was so fun when it snowed on Sunday and we could all cozy up by it and watched movies!


We found the fireplace on Amazon. We just searched electric fireplaces. Then looked at the size we wanted and features.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop