Sensitive Skin - Laundry

Growing up my mom used Tide Laundry Detergent and Downy fabric softener. It never bothered me and I have never had a problem with sensitive skin.

When I married Nicolas, I found out that he could only use a certain detergent. So for a good portion of our marriage we used Fab. It’s was hard to find. We could only find it at one store. So we switched to All Free and Clear about 9 years ago. We haven’t tried other detergents to test the kid’s skin, because we didn’t want to risk Nicolas’ skin getting itchy and dry. When my mom has washed the kid’s clothes before they complained about their skin itching. So... All of our kids have sensitive skin too.

Here is what we use. Our main detergent is All Free and Clear. We usually buy it at Costco, but sometimes we will buy it somewhere else with a coupon. We also stock up on it when it’s on sale. I don’t think I’ve bought it for at least a year. Yeah, when I say stock up I mean it. Lol!


We can only use Snuggle brand fabric softener.


Snuggle brand dryer sheets.


I also use the snuggle sent packs, but only with blankets and sheets.


We use Biz with our white clothes to keep them whiter. I also wash all our socks separately to keep our whites from getting dingy.


To get stains out I spray the area with Shout and let it sit for a little bit. If it’s really tough I mix some Biz with it. If the stain is grease or oil, then I put Dawn dish soap on it and let it sit. Once it’s soaked for awhile, I wash it like I normally would with like colors.


I wash our laundry on a schedule. You can read about that in this post Laundry Schedule.

If you want to see our laundry room make over, it’s in this post Laundry Room Makeover.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop