Chicken Hoagies

 This is a recipe from Nick's mom.  I'm not sure how long they have been making it, but it was before I married Nick.

I make it different than they do.  They use un-breaded chicken tenders, but I have a hard time biting into them (it's a texture thing) so I use the canned chicken and shred it.  There are so many different ways you could make these...

Chicken Hoagies

Ingredients:

  • 1 10oz. Can Chicken (you could use the 12oz. can as well)
  • 3 cups Shredded Cheese
  • 1 tbsp Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tbsp Paprika Powder
  • Pinch of Pepper
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • Hoagies or French Bread

Directions:

Heat oven to 375°. Butter both sides of the bread and place on a baking sheet (I lined the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up).  Once the oven is ready, place the bread in the oven for about 5 minutes to toast it.  While the bread is toasting, combine the chicken, 2 cups of cheese, and spices in a bowl. Remove the bread from the oven. Be careful not to burn yourself and place the mixture on top of the bread.  Place the remaining cheese on top and place back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted or browned like you like it.  Serve and enjoy.  We like to eat these with our favorite chips.

Last night was the first night I used my French Bread for these and they were the best yet! The kids are a couple pieces. Lol! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop