Sourdough Starter

Yep! I am going to try and make sourdough! I am so excited!



I am using a recipe from Bless This Mess Blog. Her name is Melissa and she has so many wonderful recipes! 

I bought mason jars from Target.


I also bought a wooden spatula from Ballerina Farm. I was told that using metal isn’t good. But I’m not sure. I haven’t done to much research about that, yet!


Yesterday, January 6th was the day I started my starter. I have to feed it (give it flour and water) every 24 hours (give or take) for about a week. Once it’s pulled enough natural yeast from the air and gets nice and bubbly then I can start making bread! 🎉 




Today I fed it. I hope it’s working!

If you want to see videos (they aren’t working for me to upload them on here) you can check out our Instagram (Hechfamfarm98).

I’ll keep updates here as I go along!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop