Taco Pan Pizza

We have had this recipe for years.  I can't even remember where we got it from.  Nick and I think it's just delicious.  The kids think it's okay, but they hate the sweetness of the corn bread crust.  I think that's the best part about it.  

So... 

You make it for yourself and decide!

Here is the recipe:

Taco Pan Pizza

  • 1 egg
  • 1 pkg Taco Seasoning*
  • 2 pks Corn Muffin Mix (we use Jiffy)
  • 1 1/4 cup Salsa
  • 1/4 cup Milk
  • 1 can Refried Beans
  • 1lb. Ground Beef
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheese
  • 8 oz. Sour Cream
  • 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
  • 1 chopped Scallion (we don't add this)
Heat oven to 400° . Grease 15x10x1 baking pan (I use a big silver cookie sheet). Stir egg, corn muffin mix, and milk in bowl.  Once mixed well, with damp fingers spread and pat mix onto the pan.  Bake 10 minutes (until edges are a light golden brown).  Cook ground beef so it's brown and no longer pink (I start this cooking, then to the corn muffin mix, and continue cooking the beef while the "crust" cooks).  Add the seasoning mix and 3/4 cup salsa to the browned beef.  Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Spread the beans over the crust (the corn bread that you baked in the oven).  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.  Bake to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.  Top with the browned beef and the rest of the cheese.  Bake to melt the cheese, another 2 minutes.  Top with the sour cream, lettuce, scallion, and remaining salsa.  Enjoy!


*Because Nick is allergic to garlic, we make our own taco seasoning.  I use chili powder and cumin.  I also put onion powder, pepper, and salt on the ground beef while it's browning.

I don't measure the cheese.  I just sprinkle the cheese on it until I think it's enough.  Also I don't put the toppings on the whole thing.  I cut everyone a piece, and if they want any of the toppings, then I put it on their individual piece.  My family is very picky eaters.

Here are our photos:



The crust (corn muffin mix pressed onto the pan)

The beans and cheese spread onto the crust.


After melting the cheese, this is the ground beef and cheese added.


Here it is all ready to serve.

Here it is all ready to eat.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop