Why I'm Doing This

 I started this blog over 10 years ago.  I wanted a place where family and friends who we didn't see all the time could stay up to date with what our family is doing and watch our children grow up. Some family and friends don't have social media, but they could follow our blog.  Also, this was before social media really became a thing.

After I was laid off from my job, I didn't blog as much.  Then when we moved into our new home and I was so sick with Lydia's pregnancy I kind of stopped blogging.

Recently I started going back through the older posts and realized what a great blessing it was to have this blog.  I wrote posts about things that I had forgotten about, or had forgotten the kids said or did.  I realized, even though it's public, it's my journal.  It's a place that I can put all our memories, and when the kids get older, they can come and see all those memories.

Also, I love typing.  I love writing.  This blog combines so many of my interests, that I don't know why I stopped.  Probably because I was so sad and sick (pregnancy) that I couldn't see what I loved about it.  I get to type and use my hands.  I get to use my brain and write a story about our life.  I have a place I can group and organize our pictures.  I can write down the silly things our kids say and do, so we don't ever forget them!

So, this is why I decided to post about everything we've missed.  That's why some posts are pictures and things we did several years ago.  I don't want to forget, and I want a place where our kids can come and remember everything!

I'm not going to be here forever, but most likely this blog will.

As a bonus, hopefully while you’re reading these posts family, friends, and anyone else can get some ideas of fun family vacations.  Or find a recipe they really love.  Or can stay caught up with all the stuff we do and the funny things kids say.

I know I'm not the best writer, or speller, or one to get exactly what I'm thinking out of my head, but that's the beauty of this right?  It's me!  It's who I am, and it's the way I talk that will bring back memories for my children of me when I'm gone.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop