Spaghetti Meat Sauce

 Here is my recipe for homemade spaghetti meat sauce. With Nick being allergic to garlic we can’t buy store bought sauce. All of them contain garlic. So Colleen showed me how to make it, and I adjusted the recipe a little for our family. Most of the time I can use herbs either fresh from our garden or ones I have drying in our garage (also from our garden). Sometimes I don’t judge correctly how much we will need to dry, and end up having to buy from the store. I need to learn how to dry my own onions and make them into powder! It’s on my list of goals to do this year!

I use this recipe for spaghetti, lasagna, and baked ziti.

Here is the recipe:

Spaghetti Meat Sauce:

Ingredients 

  • 1 lb. Ground Beef
  • 2 - 8 oz. cans Tomato Sauce
  • Water
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tbsp Oregano 
  • 1/2 tbsp Basil 
  • 1/2 tbsp Thyme 
  • 2 tbsp Sugar
  • 4 tbsp Butter
  • 4 tbsp Flour

Directions:

Put the ground beef in a big sauce pan. While browning the meat add the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Cook until the meat is brown and most of the moisture is cooked out. Add the butter and flour and mix until the butter is melted and the flour is dissolved. Add the tomato sauce and use the cans for the water. I usually fill up both cans half full of water. Then add them to the sauce pan. Mix well. Then add the oregano, basil, thyme, and sugar. Mix well. Cover and simmer on low for at least 20 minutes. However, the longer you simmer the sauce the more flavorful it will be. If you plan on simmering it for a few hours, I would suggest adding 2 full cans of water instead of 2 half cans. Also, when I make lasagna I fill the cans full, because I don’t cook the noodles before. I let them cook while in the oven.
Once it’s cooked as long as you want add to any pasta and enjoy!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop