Plant a Flower

Tomorrow March 12 is national plant a flower day.  Since it's a Sunday, I decided to plant a flower today and make that for my photo challenge.

I love flowers.  They lift my spirit, make me happy, and bring joy to my day.

Some of my favorite flowers are zinnias, sunflowers, roses, calendula, gladiolus, tulips, daffodils, and cosmos.

Did you know that each month has a different birth flower?  Here they are:

Birth Month Flowers

  • January - Carnation or Snowdrop
  • February - Violet, Primrose, or Iris
  • March - Daffodil or Jonquill
  • April - Daisy or Sweet Pea
  • May - Lily of the Valley or Hawthorn
  • June - Rose or Honeysuckle
  • July - Larkspur or Water Lily
  • August - Gladiolus or Poppy
  • September - Aster or Morning Glory
  • October - Marigold or Cosmo
  • November - Chrysanthemum or Peony
  • December - Narcissus or Holly

They each have a meaning too.

  • January - Love, Admiration, and Devotion
  • February - Love, Faithfulness, Modesty, and Virtue
  • March - Prosperity, Rebirth, and Cheerfulness
  • April - Purity, Blissfulness, Loyal Love, and Innocence
  • May - Humility, a Fulfilling Life, a Return of Happiness, and Motherhood
  • June - Love, Devotion, and Beauty
  • July - Love, Happiness, Fickleness, Dignity, and Grace
  • August - Strength of Character, Moral Integrity, Sincerity, and Honesty
  • September - Love, Wisdom, Faith, and Affection
  • October - Determination, Optimism, and Prosperity
  • November - Friendship, Happiness, and Honesty
  • December - Good Wishes, Wealth, Respectfulness, and Hope
Most flowers are also edible and offer many health benefits.  I have several post about them if you'd like to check them out.

Bee Balm 

Hollyhocks 

Flowers 

Sunflowers 

Calendula 

Please remember... I am not a doctor, nor do I claim to be one.  I am simply sharing the information I have found and sharing it with you.

Here is the flowers I was going to plant today, but I need to wait until it warms up more...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop