See... I'm Getting Better At This...

So last night I got home from work at around 5:30. I decide that I have some time to relax, before dinner. So I sit and rest for a minute, then play games with the kids, go downstairs and see the progress of the unfinished basement getting finished, and flirt with Nick. Then before I know it, it's 7:30 and we haven't even thought about dinner yet. So I am looking through the pantry and the fridge trying to find something that will be quick and easy to make. I finally decide to make Tuna Noodle, but then I get an idea to turn it into a casserole. I cooked the Macaroni noodles until they were soft. Drained the water, then added the Tuna and Cream of Chicken Soup to the noodles. I also added some Onion Powder and some Pepper. I put that into a glass pan, which I sprayed with Pam. Topped it with Mozzarella Cheese and Ritz Crackers. I baked it at 350 for about 10 minutes. I was afraid of how it would taste, since I just made it up and as most of you know... I just started cooking a couple years ago (after the teasing of ruining a Tuna Sandwich wore off). So we dished it up, and it looked pretty good. The Ritz Crackers are golden brown and crunchy, the cheese has melted down through the whole casserole, and the noodles are still moist. Xander and Brichette asked if it was Mac and Cheese, which I told them yes, because technically it is... It just has other stuff added to it. We sit down, and Xander just starts digging into it, before we have even said the blessing. I told him that he needed to wait, because we needed to say the blessing. He told me, but Mom... it tastes so good, I can't stop. I laughed and told him how cute he is... then told him he needed to so we could bless it. After the blessing, we all dug in and it was pretty good... If I do say so myself. I am very surprised and happy that it turned out so well. Later I asked Nick if he would mind if I made it again, and he said "No, I hope you do". I am so excited... I'm going to have to try making other things from my crazy head. Then again maybe not! LOL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop