You Better "Get Out While You Can!"

The kids did wonderful at their recital last night. We went over it a couple more times before we left the house, which really helped. They listened to their teacher, didn't get distracted... to bad... and were so cute! Nick, Brichette, Xander, and I picked up Lorena and Alyssa; my parents and Nick's parents met us there. The performance had to be outside, because they were refinishing the floor in the gym. Luckily in the court yard there are cement steps in a half circle, so it looks like a stage, and that's where they danced. Xander's class went first, then Brichette's class. They also had an Irish Dance Class that danced after Brichette's. After they were all done dancing we took these pictures. We were one of the last to leave, and as we were leaving Temria's (their teacher) mother came up to us and told us to "Get Out While You Can!". She said that Temria started dancing when she was Brichette's age, and they spent tons of money, had to store thousands of costumes, and spent a lot of hours practicing. She was happy once Temria received her scholarship, because she didn't have to worry about paying for it anymore. We all laughed, except my mom and dad. They know exactly what she's talking about. They spent so much for me to be in dance. All the costumes we had to store, and all the time they spent driving me to and from class, performances, and competitions. I am so grateful... Thank You!

Anyways... So we dropped Alyssa off at her grandparent's house because she would rather spend time with her friend Blake, then go to dinner with us (J/K Alyssa)! We went to dinner at IHOP. Brichette ordered the Happy Face and Xander ordered the 5 Silver Dollar Size. As we were eating, I wasn't paying attention to how much the kids were eating, and before I knew it Brichette had eaten her whole pancake and Xander had eaten all his eggs and most of his pancakes. If you haven't seen the Happy Face before it's the size of the plate. I was in total shock that she ate the whole thing, and that Xander ate all his eggs and most of his pancakes. They have a syrup there that Brichette LOVES! She had one all to herself, and would not let anyone touch it. She would pour it on as she was eating, so I think she was just enjoying it so much that she didn't even realize she had eaten the whole thing. And Xander... I can't believe how much that kid loves eggs. I think if he could have eggs every day, he would. But I don't want him to get sick of them, so we won't try it. Once we were done eating, I put some water on a napkin and gave it to Xander to wipe his hands and face. He started wiping with it, then looked at me with a disgusted face and asked "Did your mouth do this?". I laughed so hard that I could barely get out that I had used the water on the table. Now tell me... what 3 year old would think that the napkin was wet because of someone's spit. I tell you... this kid is so smart. Man and so is Brichette. Sorry, I get side tracked sometimes. Then we went to the restroom and washed up and went home. It was a terrific night!



Oh... and the scrunchies looked so cute!!!

Comments

Marchezt said…
So cute! I'm so glad they did a great job and had a great time doing it!

I know how it is with this past weekend being Kaedance's 2nd recital. It costs alot! But she loves it and her instructor who has been on Ballet for years, says Kaedance has alot of potential if we stick with it. Of course, only if She stays loving it!

We are so proud of them! Love the pics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop