Fun About Camping...

So over the weekend we went camping. It was for Nick's Mom's family reunion, that they do every year. Dieter is up fishing in Canada, so Colleen rode with us. On our way up the Moon was so bright, huge, and just so pretty. See the pictures below.


We pulled into camp around 9:00. I just have to say that the DVD players in the car is a huge life saver. The kids are so good... no screaming "Are We There Yet?" or "How Much Longer?". I remember when I was younger and we (my sister and I) would ask my parents that question they would ALWAYS say "A couple more hours!" no matter how far away we were. We could be 10 minutes away and they would say that. It used to drive my sister and I crazy... but I guess us asking my parents over and over again "When will we be there" drove them crazy. So anyway...
Cris, Renee and their three kids stayed the weekend up there with us. Lichelle and Brodie's daughter Alysha stayed with us, and Mieshka and her boys came up on Saturday afternoon to visit for awhile. It is so nice to have our kids old enough to go "hang out" with the other kids. When we would go when Brichette and Xander were babies, it was so hard because we didn't want them "running" off with the other kids because they weren't old enough, but they were sure old enough to know they didn't want to stick around with Mom and Dad. So this year they would go play, and come check in with us a couple time, just so we knew they were okay and didn't fall in the stream. Brichette, Xander, and Allie were putting on a "performance" for us, complete with song and dance, just above our camp site. Here is a picture of Brichette and Allie.


They were having so much fun. By the time I got my camera out Xander had stopped.

The fun craft for this year was tie-dyed shirts. WOW, was that a hit. The kids were having lots of fun, and even the adults were enjoying helping so much that Colleen bought adult shirts so they could make them too. Nick and I were thinking we would get our family pictures taken in them... along with the big 3-D glasses. What do you think??? You can see Brichette, Xander, and Allie's tie-dyed shirts in the fishing pictures below.

Nick and I decided to go into Salina and get some fishing license's since we haven't taken the kids fishing yet. Allie wanted to come with us so we all jumped in the Durango and drove out of the camp and down the stream. It was moving to fast and was too little to catch anything but they still had fun, enough that they didn't want to leave when it was time to go back to camp. We decided that they would probably have more fun if we bought them their own poles. So we are going to get them their own and probably go fishing this weekend. Oh and the cool thing about the new licenses... they are good for 365 days instead of expiring in December. So Nick was talking about going ice fishing. We'll see if I can handle the cold. :) Here are some pictures of our fishing "trip".







Then Russ was giving all the kids rides on his ATV around our camp. Boy did they love that. They were all yelling, laughing, and just having a great time! Here are a couple pictures of it.
This picture you can see Alex on Alysha's lap, Brichette holding the dog, Xander behind the dog, Kaleb, Matthew, and Jake.
I didn't get any other pictures because the battery on my camera died. I was so bummed.
It was a really fun weekend, and really nice to get away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop