Get Down From There Before You Get Hurt!

Our children have no fear... nothing at all like me. I am so paranoid and afraid of almost everything, but Nick on the other hand isn't. I guess that is why we are so perfect together. He balances out my fears and I help him fear things. LOL!!!

Back to the story:
The other day our kids were playing with Mieshka's kids on the swing set at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Xander decided that he is as big as Jake and could climb on the bars and Brichette had the swing wrapped around the bar so that it would make her swing higher. See the picture below:

Now, imagine... I'm at work and get this picture, with a saying... your kids are monkeys. I take a deep breath, think- they are just kids and Nick is right there, and send back... They Sure Are. I didn't ask how they got up there, got the swing wrapped around the bar, or how any of them got down. I didn't get a phone call that they were hurt or had to be taken to the hospital, and when I got home no one said anything about getting hurt while they were climbing down, so I am assuming that Nick got them down as soon as he took the picture and told them "That is not what a swing set is for, the chain could break twisting it up like that, and Please don't scare the crap out of your mother again". Because even though I didn't say anything about how it scared me, after 9 years Nick knows what I'm thinking without me even saying anything or texting it.
The kids are always doing stuff that scares me. I don't remember ever doing anything as crazy as they do. My dad and mom can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I have always been very cautious about things and never did anything outrageous... not even once. Now Nick on the other hand did some really crazy, outrageous stuff when he was little. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. LOL!!!

Comments

Marchezt said…
I'm just like you...more reserved.
Troy, just like Nick :)

Kaedance has a little of us both, so I think she balances fearless with caution.

I can already see that Landon will be all BOY...go right into danger without a second thought! :)

I love your kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop