Isn't Church On Sunday???

On Saturday we went to my friend's Mother's funeral and then went to my cousin's son's baptism (WOW, that's a mouth full). We were getting ready and the kids looked at us and said "Is it church today?" We said "No", then they asked why they had to wear their church clothes. We explained that the funeral and baptism take place in a church and we want to show respect to them and to Heavenly Father. They still didn't want to wear their church clothes, but were a little better about putting them on. I pulled Brichette's hair up and I think it looked pretty cute. Here are a couple pictures:

I did the zig-zag on the top and pulled into 2 pony tails.


Then I parted the bottom into two and pulled the top pony tails into it. The last twist of the hair tie, I only pulled a some of the hair through and created a loop. She was very excited and told me how cute she looked.
*While I was taking the pictures of her hair, Xander had to sneak in with an adorable smile!


Anyway... The funeral was very nice. The mother's friend talked to each of her children (Aimee, her sister's and brother) personally and told them how their mother felt and talked about them to her.
It's a little weird... My friend Aimee (I used to work with her) her cousin (Misty) dated Nick for awhile in school, then Aimee's sister (Angie) went with Nick to a dance and on a couple of dates, and Aimee's other cousins (Ryan & Jennylynn) we went to High School with. So Nick knew a lot of people at the funeral. I was able to talk to Aimee for a little bit, and give her lots of hugs. Nick and I talked with Misty and Angie for a little bit. Nick saw Ryan at the funeral, but not at the graveside, so we weren't able to talk with him.

Once we left the funeral, we only had a little bit of time to get over to the baptism. We stopped at Costco to get gas and it was only $3.23. I never thought I would be happy to see the gas be that price, but it's nice after paying almost $4.00 for so long.

We made it out the the baptism 10 minutes early. They had 7 people they were baptizing, and luckily my cousins son was second. They had a room assigned to him, and his mother put together a cute table to "Show him off". They confirmed him, and Nick stood in the circle. Brichette and Xander were so excited, they kept telling us over and over that they wanted to be baptized. That just made Nick and I glow. We are so thankful that they do!

I am so grateful that we have the church in our lives, and that Nick holds the priesthood. I am also grateful to know that one day we will be reunited with our family who has passed on, and that we can all be together forever. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that we would be able to see our family again. That would be just a horrible feeling... thinking that they just die and that's it... THE END. I'm glad to know that once we die that isn't THE END, and that we will live forever with our families! It's nice to know that when I need a blessing, Nick is able to give me one, and that he can do that for our children also.

When the baptism was over we left. I called Chili's on the way home and ordered take-out. We got the kids Pizza, and that's when Brichette's tooth fell out.

Comments

Marchezt said…
Crazy busy Saturday! I was very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's mother! Does Troy know her?

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop