A Poem

GOODBYE MOTHER

I’m sorry that you were sick,
And went through so much pain.
I wish there would have been a way,
For us to have more time to gain.

I’m going to miss your silly jokes,
And your sweet smiling face.
I’ll never forget your open arms,
And your warm loving embrace.

You were the last one to bed,
And the first one up in the morning.
You always had a story to tell,
But none were ever boring.

You were always there no matter what,
Through all the good and bad.
You are my mom,
My best friend, my comrade.

You got me through hard times,
And never asked for things in return,
You helped me become the woman I am,
And taught me how to discern.

You always said I love you,
Even if I had made you upset.
I could always count on you to sing,
Our sweet calming duet.

You always welcomed everyone,
And had lots of love give.
You never shut anyone out,
So now your family is massive.

I know it’s time for you to go,
But can’t you just hold me one more time.
I want to hear your sweet voice,
And know that you will always be mine.

Now you are in Heaven,
Where there is no hurt.
Only lots of love,
Peace, and comfort.

I love you!!!


By Melissa Hechtle
October 9, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop