Brichette's First Day Of Kindergarten

Well it's official. Brichette is now a kindergartner. She is so excited to be going to school everyday. I took the day off yesterday so that I could take her and pick her up. I got up, got ready, got her up and got her ready. She ate some cereal. We pulled her hair up in one pony tail... It's kind of funny. A couple weeks ago I told her that when she goes to kindergarten we will have to pull her hair up out of her face so that her teacher can see her, and so she can see to do her work, see the board, etc. So yesterday when I was getting her ready she told me that we had to pull her hair up. It was really cute! Then I got Xander up and got him ready for his first day (which is before Brichette's blog). We took Brichette over to school and walked her back to where they meet before school starts. She didn't want to go play on the playground before the bell rang, so she hung out with Xander, Lorena, and me until the first bell rang. Then she stood in line and waited for her teacher to take them in. She was so cute... she stood there and just smiled at me. There was one girl behind her that didn't want to go and leave her mom. Brichette kind of looked at her like "What's wrong with you? Why don't you want to go?" Then tried talking to her and making her feel better (the mother in her) and told her it was going to be fun.

I was trying really hard not to cry. Not because I can't believe she is already old enough to go to kindergarten, but that I can't be the one to take her and pick her up everyday. There is nothing more that I want then to be able to stay home with my kids... but for right now I can't. We have to have health insurance and with Nick's job right now they don't offer that. But hopefully he will be a police officer soon, and all that will change. But for now I have a wonderful aunt and mother who take care of them for us. Anyway back to Brichette. She was so excited and was very anxious to get inside to her class room. Then her teacher started walking in and there went Brichette:

Once she was inside we rushed out to Xander's pre-school (Brichette's old pre-school) and got him there. Then I dropped Lorena back off at home and I went home. I did some laundry, ate, and then went and got Brichette. She is out 15 minutes before Xander, which isn't enough time to pick both of them up, so Lorena went and got Xander. I parked and waited outside the front doors for her to come out. She did, but she couldn't see me. I guess she was expecting Lorena to pick her up, because I had talked to her and told her that once she comes out those doors she needs to look for Lorena and only get into Lorena's car. So I guess she was looking so hard for Lorena that she couldn't see me. She finally saw me and came running to me. I asked her how her first day was and she said it was great. She even said that her teacher said the funniest thing. Brichette told me that her teacher said "Now, there are no pets allowed at school." and Brichette busted up laughing, which in turn made me laugh. She is so cute. Here she is after school.
She is so cute. She showed me what they did in class and made sure to show me that they sent home some papers and the September calendar. I am so glad that she loves school and that she is happy about going. I love you Brichette!!!

Comments

Marchezt said…
How cute is she?! I love it! You are an awesome Mom taking all those pictures!

Hooray for Brichette!! We love you and are so happy for you to be in Kindergarten!

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop