We Saved How Much?

So before we left for Hawaii, I printed some coupons off of a couple websites. On Wednesday we went to Albertson's to see if their General Mills items were on sale... and they were. We were so excited. So we went through the coupons, got our items and a couple other things we needed, and got in line. Then it was our turn so I handed the lady our Preferred Savings card and then the coupons. She started going though them, even before she scanned anything, which we thought was weird. We stood there for about 5 minutes while she look at them, then excused herself and said she would be right back. She walked over to the Head Cashier and talk for a minute, then came back over and said that she can only accept 2 coupons per product. So for example: we could only use 2 coupons and get 2 Pillsbury crescent rolls instead of using 5 and getting 5. I said what??? She said that there was only one website and they would only let you print off 2 coupons, and people had been copying them that this is their way of protecting themselves. I told her that I didn't copy them, I got them from 2 different websites and they let me print off three at a time. They are in color and you can tell they aren't copied because the color wasn't faded on any of them. I also told her that there are more then 2 websites, but I had only gone to those two. She called the Head Cashier again, and explained it again, and she still told her No, that was their policy. I said Fine, we only want these three items!! And we had a whole basket full of groceries. So not only did they not make all that money off of us, but they also had to pay someone to put it all back. We paid and as we were leaving and passed the Head Cashier, Nick said very loudly... "THIS IS WHY PEOPLE SHOP AT WAL*MART!!!". I was so proud of him. LOL!!!

Oh we were so mad... but we decided that we would go to another Albertson's and try again. If they wouldn't let us, I would pay for half and Nick would pay for the other half, then they couldn't stop us from using them because it was two different people buying. We also thought that, that Albertson's must have a "lower class" of people shopping there, so they are being really strict about things.

But honestly we don't get it. General Mills is the one that sends out the coupons, so when Albertson's turns them back in to General Mills they give them their money back for every coupon. So why should it matter how many they are accepting from people, when they get all of it right back!

Well we went last night to another one, and we had no problem using all of them in one transaction. I did wait until she had scanned all of it in, then gave her the coupons, but I don't think it would have mattered. We will be shopping at that Albertson's from now on and not bother with the other one.

So between the 10 for 10 sale they were having and the coupons we got $140.00 worth of groceries for $60.00. Can you believe that??? We probably have enough groceries for at least 2 weeks, and only spent $60.00. I printed some more from another website and we are getting more stuff tonight.

If you have an Albertson's in your area I recommend going. I have the links to some of the coupons web addresses on this blog, and there is a whole list of them on Pinching Your Pennies website (link is also on this blog).

Enjoy Shopping!!!

Comments

Marchezt said…
I hate when you have problems with coupons at the store! What really tees me off is that there are people out there fraudulently copying the online coupons and it spoils all of the savings for us honest people who just want to save some money.

I went to the store today and saved $16 dollars with my coupons! Gotta love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop