Hawaii - Day 6 - Kauai

Day 6 -


Well today we got up and ready, put our swim suits on again, and went to McDonald's for breakfast. They have a Island breakfast which is Spam, Eggs, and Rice. We didn't try it, we got the traditional breakfast... bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. LOL!

Then we went to Wal*Mart (yes, even though we hate it), because we knew they would have boogie boards. We also bought some snorkel gear, but ended up not using it and taking it back. Then we headed for the beach again. We went to the south beach that we had found the other day.

We had so much fun playing on the boards and riding the waves. Nick caught a little wave, and a HUGE wave came up behind him and crashed over him. I was worried for a minute because I couldn't see him, but then he stood up. I was so relieved. Then I noticed that the wave had knocked his glasses off, and they were lost to the sea for good. Then we were riding waves and as I was coming in, another one caught me and dragged me back out. I got covered by the on coming wave, and sent back onto the shore. Then it dragged me back out and back in... this happened for about 3 or 4 waves. Finally Nick got to me and I could get up. I had sand all over me, so I couldn't open my eyes. Otherwise I would have stood up 4 waves ago. We then sat on the beach for awhile and watch other people playing in the waves. We were sitting on our boards, with our legs on the sand, and I felt something touch my leg. I jerked my leg up and didn't see anything, but I moved it anyway. Then about a minute later I saw a crab poke his head out. He looked around came out for a second, saw me, and ducked back in his hole. We were laughing.

Then after a couple more hours of playing, we got something to eat and went into the town by our Hotel. We found a place that we could buy tickets for the Catamaran Boat rides. We bought tickets for the Na Pali coast tour. We also got Nick some more sun glasses.

Then we drove up the south side again, because they had a discount store for their Red Dirt Shirts. They are shirts that they dye red (more of an orange-red) from the dirt there. They also have blue and green shirts that are dyed from the lava rocks, and tan that are dyed from the coffee. The dirt is so pretty, and it's had to imagine how red it is, unless you see it. When Dieter and Colleen went about 7 years ago they bought some for them, and bought us T-shirts that were dyed blue from the lava rock. They told us how red it was, but I didn't imagine it was that red. Anyway... we looked around some of the other shops that were by it, and found some more cool souvenirs.

Oh also, there are these potato things (but they don't call them potatoes. I can't remember what they are called, but they are close to Idaho potatoes), that are purple on the inside and they are a little sweeter then normal potatoes. They make lots of stuff out of them, but at the Luau (on Oahu) they had rolls. So the rolls were purple, and they were so good!!! They also sold pancake mix, but we forgot to get some.

So that was our 6th day in Hawaii.

P.S. We had our waterproof camera that day, which still isn't developed, so I don't have any pictures to post. Once it's developed I will post those pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop