National Blonde Brownie Day

This Sunday January 22, 2023 was National Blonde Brownie Day (or blondies).  So, I made sourdough ones, and they are delicious, if I do say so myself.  One of the things I have longed to do is make things on my own.  I'm not quite there yet, but I can combine and adjust multiple recipes and add in things that we want and take out things that we don't and make them my own.  So, like I said, almost there.  I found several recipes on Pinterest and took things from all of them, then added in some sourdough starter, and made it my own.  Heavenly Father is helping and blessing me by fulfilling a desire of mine, and I am so very grateful!

Here is the recipe for 

Sourdough Blonde Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick of Salted Butter, softened
  • 1 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/3 cup Sourdough Starter
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • Some Chocolate Chips
  • Some Brown Sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking Pam.  In your mixer, mix the butter and sugars together until well mixed. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add in the sourdough starter and again mix well.  Sprinkle the salt over the top and add in one cup of flour.  Mix until flour is incorporated. Add in the second cup of flour and mix until it's incorporated.  If you don't live at a high altitude, you might want to reduce the flour by 1/2 a cup.  Spread dough evenly into your pan.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips and brown sugar.  Cook for 20-23 minutes, until the sides are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool and cut into bars.  Enjoy!











 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brichette's Bridals

Pink Chicken Coop - DIY Chicken Coop